Well being Journey, generally known as medical journey, well being tourism, or medical tourism is a time period that describes the method of individuals touring outdoors of their very own nation to acquire normal medical surgical procedure, dental surgical procedure, or beauty cosmetic surgery at costs considerably cheaper than they’d pay of their residence nation.
Well being journey is a quickly rising phenomenon. Extra individuals are studying that nations equivalent to Mexico, Singapore, Brazil, Costa Rica, Thailand and India present a really excessive customary of medical care at vital financial savings over typical U.S. costs – that’s, first world well being care at third world costs.
Why do individuals select well being journey?
Present statistics estimate over 2 million People already traveled overseas to accredited worldwide hospitals providing firstclass care at financial savings as much as one-tenth the price of the identical procedures within the US. The medical tourism market is projected to blow up to $100 billion by 2012, pushed by the age-related well being problems with the “child boomer” era. The rising phenomenon of medical journey will be attributed to a number of components: · No Well being Insurance coverage – There are 48 million People with out medical health insurance, one other 40 million are underinsured – that’s, they’ve medical health insurance however can’t afford the excessive deductibles and out-of-pocket prices.
· Restricted Well being Care Protection – Greater than 2 million People will declare medical chapter this 12 months even if 70% could have medical health insurance.
· More and more Excessive Well being Insurance coverage Premiums and Out-of-Pocket Prices – Prior to now 5 years, medical health insurance premiums have grown at greater than four occasions the speed of wages.
· Lengthy Wait Occasions for US procedures – Common wait occasions for appointments with high quality surgeons within the U.S., Canada and the U.Ok. usually exceeds 2 months.
· Well being Insurance coverage Suppliers Cancel Protection – 25% of all employers cancel protection the day an worker leaves work attributable to disabling sickness; 50% cancel protection inside 12 months.
· Worldwide Accreditation of Overseas Hospitals – The Worldwide Accreditation Course of is dealt with by the Joint Fee, which additionally accredits U.S. hospitals. The accreditation course of is as rigorous as it’s within the U.S.- however with out the pointless bureaucratic paperwork.
· Enhancements in Worldwide Know-how and Well being Care Requirements – Overseas hospitals — at the moment numbering about 120, and rising — usually are not simply mirroring one of the best U.S. practices however are rising as innovators.
· U.S., U.Ok. and Europe Board Licensed Surgeons Working Abroad – Expatriate medical doctors who’ve been educated within the US, UK and Europe are returning residence to arrange their practices the place their cash goes significantly additional.